Shared links offer a secure and simple way to collaborate with others. They allow you to:
- Quickly add new users to meetings
- Provide teammates easy access to agendas
- Invite access to a single agenda
- Control link permissions to restrict access and editing capabilities
Access Shared Links
A meeting organizer has shared link settings to manage attendees' access and editing privileges for that particular meeting. To access these:
- Open an agenda and click "Share" at the top
- In the dropdown menu, see "Copy Link" and click "Edit" beneath it
- Click "Default Link", then view the settings card at the right
Relatedly, a team administrator can access shared link settings to manage people's access to all workspaces in their Navigator team. To access this, a team administrator can:
- Open the sidebar and click the "..." button in the top row
- Click "Team"
- Click the team you want to edit > "Security"
From there, administrators can turn ON "Limit link access" to only meeting attendees included on the calendar event or turn ON a domain restriction so that only people with a specific email address domain can access agendas via shared links (e.g. @acme.com).
An important clarification here is that a domain restriction applies to accessing agendas via shared links that are created and sent. The restriction does not, however, prevent people outside a specified domain from being added to a meeting. If someone is added to a meeting, s/he will be able to login to Navigator and access the meetings they're a part of, regardless of the domain restriction setting. If you wish to limit non-domain specific people from accessing agendas in your team, we advise you turn on the domain restriction, remove team members you do not want on your team, and advise your team of your desired constraints.
Navigator offers two types of shared links—default and agenda specific.
A default link allows access to the entire meeting series' agendas. The link can be used to access any agenda in the meeting series.
The default link cannot be deleted, and the scope of agendas that the link provides access to cannot be changed. Link settings have explanatory tool tips for clarity and can be edited only by full meeting participants.
The most common link setting is "Only people added to the meeting."
Agenda specific link
An agenda specific link allows access to one specific meeting agenda only, not the entire meeting series' agendas.
Similar to the default link, the agenda specific links cannot be deleted and the scope cannot be expanded to include all agendas. Also, link settings can be edited only by full meeting participants.
More Details on Security
To ensure the right people have access to shared content, you can configure access controls in link settings as follows:
- Anyone with the link can access the agenda. No Navigator account is required.
- People in your company - everyone with your company’s email domain can access this shared link.
- Only people added to the meeting - only people who have been added as a meeting participant can access the content.
Each audience can be given view and edit privileges or view-only privileges.
To disable shared links for anyone outside the participant list follow these steps:
- Open the left sidebar and click the "..."
- Click "Team Settings"
- Click the team you want to edit
- Click "Security"
- Toggle "Limit link access" ON
Turning "Limit link sharing" ON will disable all previously created links. Turning "Limit link sharing" OFF will re-enable previously generated links.